The Fast Retailing Foundation supports students who want pursue areas of study that can contribute to educating about and solving social problems by acquiring advanced knowledge on a global level through a world-class education at HBS.
We expect that the scholars will emerge as the next generation of leaders by providing them with the best possible environment for study and the experience of learning from professors together with a diverse and talented group of students from around the world.
2021 Scholarship Overview
- Annual Recipient
- Scholarship Benefit
- Total $200,000 per recipient (over two years)
- Eligibility requirements
- - Those who want to pursue fields that contribute to educating about and solving social problems.
- - Applicants must be Japanese citizens throughout the enrollment period.
- - Applicants preferably will not receive any other Japan-based scholarship grants. However, scholarships with repayment obligations in Japan and abroad, non-Japanese scholarships, and non-tuition/living expense grants such as research grants, entrepreneurship funds, temporary grants from the government, etc., can be combined with this scholarship.
- - Applicants that have been accepted and will enroll in HBS in September 2021.
- Application Process
- The following documents must be submitted by e-mail by the application deadline
- - Resume (Free Format)
- - Application (Specified Format*)
*Please contact the following e-mail address to request the application formFRGemail@example.com
（Required Information: Name/Occupation/Contact phone number）
・Sent to：Fast Retailing Foundation HBS scholarship program
- April 5, 2021 12:00PM（Japan time）
- Document screening
- Beginning of April 2021
- Interview selection
- Middle of April 2021
All interviews are scheduled to take place at the Tokyo headquarter (Ariake or Roppongi) of Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. However, all interviews may be changed to online to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
※Final interviews will be conducted by Hirotaka Takeuchi (Harvard Business School Professor) and Tadashi Yanai (Fast Retailing Chairman, President and CEO).
- Final decision
- By the end of April 2021
2021 Selection Schedule :
- - This scholarship is for privately funded international students and cannot be combined with other scholarships or company dispatch programs.
- - From the fall of 2021, the recipients of this scholarship may change from the Fast Retailing Foundation, but the total amount of the scholarship will not change over the two-year benefit period.
Please use the contact information below about your inquiry.
HBS Scholarship Program