At UNIQLO we aspire for all our employees to become values-driven leaders. We build strong leaders by offering training, coaching and mentoring programs that support leadership development.
UNIQLO Manager Candidate (UMC)
Our UNIQLO Manager Candidate Program (UMC) will prepare you to take on many different roles, such as an innovator, a talent developer, a problem solver, and above all, a business leader.
As part of this program, you will join a group of passionate peers from around the country and embark on an intensive six-month training program designed to build the skills and experience necessary to run a multi-million dollar store business.
Upon completing the program, UMCs continue to build their experience in store operations and take on progressively larger store management roles. Wherever your interests lie, the UMC experience will set the stage for unrivaled opportunities. Your personal growth, responsibility, and achievement are limited only by your effort and abilities.
Become a Business Leader
- Drive sales and profitability
- Build and manage a team
- Lead through innovation and change
- Set and pursue an ideal
Develop a Global Perspective
Thrive in an international work environment. Immerse yourself in new and exciting cultural experiences.
Join a Rapidly Growing Global Company
Help drive our global sales of $65 billion by 2020 and become the world’s #1 specialty apparel retailer.
Change the World
Promote our corporate mission to influence and improve society through our unique clothing and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
SELECTION PROCESS TIMELINE
|step 1||Submission of application|
|step 3||First interview|
|step 4||Second interview|
|step 5||Final interview|
|Offer of employment|
HOW WE HIRE
Things move quickly at Fast Retailing. That means that we try to hire great people, regardless of the job. Jobs can change, but having great people is always a priority. We look for people who match our company values and who, above all, aspire to be true business leaders. We are looking for people who are a good fit at Fast Retailing - not just for right now but for the long term.
This is at the core of how we hire. Our process is straightforward; the path to getting hired involves an application and a series of interviews with our leadership team. But there are a few things we have added along the way that make getting hired at Fast Retailing a little different.
- We want to know about your ability to be a business leader. More specifically, we want to know about your Ability to Build a Team, Earn a Profit, Change, and Pursue an Ideal.
- We are looking for people who have a variety of strengths and passions, not just isolated skill sets. We also want to make sure that you have the experience and the background that will set you up for success in your role. At Fast Retailing, we do things differently from other retailers, and we want to know how you will fit in.
- We look for people with ambition and a clear sense of mission. We will want to know what you want to do here and how you will go about doing it. You can aim high.
- We want to get a feel for what makes you who you are. Everyone contributes something special, and we want to value what makes you unique.
- Interviews will likely be short and to the point – often only 30 minutes! We will not spend a lot of time on small talk – we will jump right in.
We believe that if we hire great people and involve them intensively in the hiring process, we will make better hiring decisions. We also believe that senior management should spend significant time with potential hires. While involving leadership in our process does take longer, we believe it is worth it. Our Fast Retailing leadership team identified these core principles many years ago, and it is what allows us to hold true to who we are as we grow.
RECRUITING EVENTS & CALENDAR
UNIQLO accepts applications for our UMC position year-round. To apply for the position, please submit your resume and application. Someone from our team will be in touch with you.
We hold events at local schools throughout the year at various locations. Please check with your institution’s career center to see when we will be on campus.
Please click here to apply: