It didn’t faze Eloiza Fagsao that her team had no balls, shoes or even a football coach when they first started. The student-athlete is no stranger to hardship; juggling the rigors of training with studies, chores and helping her parents out at their multiple jobs.
Hard work has always been a part of my philosophy. My parents work multiple jobs — sidewalk vendor, janitor, farmer — to provide for my sister and me. So most of the time, we’d go help them out right after our training. I’ve chosen to embrace adversity and hardship because of the values I learn in striving for success.
How challenging is it being a student-athlete?
My training with the UP Women's Football Team is all about commitment, discipline and responsibilities. Our training starts at 6am, and sometimes we’d get up at 4am to get to McKinley Hill. Right after training, everyone has to get ready for class. Sometimes I’d have zero sleep trying to finish all my papers so I can pass them on time. Going with no sleep, I have to make sure that I still perform well and contribute to the team.
What are your dreams for the future of women’s football?
I hope it gets the same kind of support and awareness as other sports in the Philippines. Here, football isn't really recognized, especially women’s. I wish people would have a broader and deeper knowledge about football, about how players prepare for competitions as well as their struggles and needs. I also wish that athletes could be given equal importance when it comes to training, facilities, nutrition, physical and mental conditioning.
We regret that our website does not support your browser. For the best possible experience, please download or switch to other popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera. Thank you!
1. We will collect Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information in an appropriate manner;
2. We will inform you regarding the purpose of use for your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information, and use such information within the scope of such purpose;
3. We will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely manage Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information;
4. Except where otherwise specified, we will not share or disclose Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to any third parties;
5. We will respond appropriately in the event that an individual contacts the appropriate point of contact regarding display, correction, deletion and/or termination of use of their respective Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information.
Purpose of use for Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
We use Personal Information provided to us by individuals for only the following purposes:
(1) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of our customers (including users of our application software)
• Responding to, confirming and archiving inquiries, consultations, repairs and other support;
• Providing information regarding products, services, and campaigns via invitation letters, e-mail or other means;
• Shipping products; and
• Product development and improvement of other services.
(2) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of our shareholders
• Exercise of rights and/or performance of obligations under the Corporation Code of the Philippines; and
• Management relating to our stockholders, such as preparation of records pursuant to various laws and orders
(3) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of Applicants
• Contacting and/or providing information to Applicants, and other uses necessary for employment and recruiting activities.
(4) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of our Employees
• Communicating with our employees for work or other purposes;
• Paying compensation (such as salary, bonus and allowances) to our employees, conducting human resource and labor management, and providing employment benefits; and
• Managing the health of our employees.
(5) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of those persons who post/submit Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information on our website or application software
• Use of works posted/submitted on our website or application software in advertisements for the Company or its affiliates. *All rights of publicity, copyrights and other industrial property rights in such posted/submitted works shall be attributed to the user who posted/submitted such works; provided, however, that upon posting/submitting such works, the user shall be deemed to have granted the Company a global, royalty-free and non-exclusive license (with right of sublicense to third parties) to use (including, without limitation, reproduce, publicize, send, distribute, assign, loan, translate and adapt) such works, and such user agrees that he or she shall not assert any moral rights in such works.
Provision of Personal Information to third parties
(1) We will not provide Personal Information to any third parties except in the following cases:
• If you have agreed to the provision of your Personal Information;
• If it is necessary for the preservation of life, body or property, and the relevant consent(s) cannot be easily obtained;
• If the handling of Personal Information has been entrusted in whole or in part to a third party within the scope necessary to fulfill the purposes of use (we take measures to prevent leakage, loss, or falsification of Personal Information, such as by carefully selecting our contractors, entering into agreements with contractors regarding the handling of personal information, and directing and supervising our contractors as necessary);
• If Personal Information is provided in connection with the succession of business due to merger or other reason; and
• Where required by applicable laws or regulations.
(2) The Company conducts joint operations with FAST RETAILING group companies (Related Companies) both within and outside of the Philippines as listed in the page of “Group Companies” on the following website: (www.fastretailing.com). Therefore, all Personal Information obtained by us from our customers, shareholders, employees and Applicants may be used by us together with our Affiliates within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use determined and declared before, or as soon as reasonably practicable after collection.
In these situations, we will bear responsibility for the management of any shared use of Personal Information by way of our data protection officer.
Your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012:
1. You have the right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to you shall be, are being or have been processed
2. You have the right to be furnished the following information before the entry of your personal information into our processing system, or at the next practical opportunity:
(1) Description of the personal information to be entered into the system;
(2) Purposes for which they are being or are to be processed;
(3) Scope and method of the personal information processing;
(4) The recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed;
(5) Methods utilized for automated access, if the same is allowed by you, and the extent to which such access is authorized;
(6) The identity and contact details of our company or our representative;
(7) The period for which the information will be stored; and
(8) The existence of your rights, i.e., to access, to correct, as well as the right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
Any information supplied or declaration made to you on these matters shall not be amended without prior notification to you.
3. You have the right to have reasonable access to, upon demand, the following:
(1) Contents of your personal information that were processed;
(2) Sources from which personal information were obtained;
(3) Names and addresses of recipients of the personal information;
(4) Manner by which such data were processed;
(5) Reasons for the disclosure of the personal information to recipients;
(6) Information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect you;
(7) Date when your personal information were last accessed and modified; and
(8) The designation, or name or identity and address of the personal information controller;
4. You have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
5. You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from our filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
6. You have the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.
Inquiries regarding display, correction, deletion and/or termination of use of Personal Information
Upon receipt of a request for display, correction, deletion and/or termination of use of Personal Information, we will promptly respond to such requests upon confirming the identity of the person through prescribed procedures. For any inquiries regarding Personal Information, please contact our Data Protection Officer with the following contact details:
1. Title/Designation: Data Protection Officer
2. Postal Address: SM Corporate Offices, Bldg. A J.W. Diokno Boulevard Mall of Asia Complex, Brgy. 076, Zone 10 CBP-IA, Pasay City 1300, Philippines
3. Telephone Number: +632 9174300
4. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide you with product and styling recommendations and improve our services to you, (in addition to the uses described above) we will also collect and use customer identifying information, site browsing/action history and computer/connection information, including such information obtained via Cookies* (collected information may contain, but is not limited to, customer Personal Information). We may also collect other information which may be collected via conventional internet technologies and use such data for analysis.
*What are Cookies? "Cookies" are a technology used on computers (hard drives) to record and manage information about customers visiting web pages.
Additionally, to optimize our web pages, Cookies will also be used to examine usage by our customers but cannot be used to identify an individual.
The Company reserves the right to change or revise this policy without prior notice to incorporate any changes in its procedures for protecting personal information or any regulatory changes.
Welcome to UNIQLO.com (the "Site"). We make information available to You on UNIQLO.com subject to the following terms and conditions. If You visit the Site, You accepted these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
2．License and Site Access
The Company grants You a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site and not to download or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent from the Company. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of UNIQLO.com or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. The Site or any portion of the Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent from the Company. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the Company and its affiliates (including the parent company, "Affiliates") without express written consent from the Company. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by the Company.
You can download the Screensaver from the Site and use it. The Screensaver is provided "as is" and Your use of the Screensaver is at your own risk. The Screensaver may contain significant or insignificant program errors, bugs, and viruses, which may cause an operational interruption to Your computer system. You must screen the Software for viruses before downloading to Your computer. Except to the extent that such terms cannot be limited or excluded by law, no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, whether express or implied shall apply with respect to the Screensaver.
Except to the extent permitted by law, the Company disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss, damage and/or expense arising out of or in connection with downloading, installation or use of, or inability to use Screensaver. In particular and without limitation to the generality of the above, the Company shall not be liable for any loss of uses of or damage to a computer equipment, software or data; any financial loss; indirect, special or consequential loss or damage.
The Company does not hold any obligation to answer any question about the use of the Screensaver.
4．Trademarks and Service Marks
Unless otherwise indicated, all names, graphics, designs, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, commercial markings, trade dress, and service names included in the Site are trademarks of the Company or its licensors, sponsors or suppliers and are protected by trademark laws. The trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to, or in any manner that disparages or discredits, the Company.
UNIQLO and its Logo are, without limitation, among the registered trademarks of the Company and its Affiliates. Infringement of any trademark of the Company is not permitted.
All content including product designs (including any and all collateral materials relating thereto) included on this Site are owned by the Company and/or its licensors and protected by copyright laws and/or design patents. You agree not to use, display, reproduce, retransmit, modify, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, create derivative works of, broadcast, circulate, display or in any way exploit any such content, in whole or in part, whether by e-mail or by any other means, for any purpose other than for your personal, non-commercial use as set forth herein. You are not allowed to use any product designs without the Company's express written agreement.
The Company attempts to be as accurate as possible in its product descriptions. However, the Company does not warrant that product and price descriptions or other content of this Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
7．Communications and Other Content
Visitors may submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, to our User Service Department so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent as to the origin of any content.
8．Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The Company shall have no liability to You for any delay or failure in carrying out its obligations to any customer for reasons beyond the Company's control, including without limitation, acts of God, war or terrorism, natural disasters, charges in or compliance with laws, regulations or governmental policies and shortages of supplies and services. The Company may extend delivery of an order so affected without liability to the customer except for the return of any payment made by the customer to the Company with respect to any undelivered portion of the order so canceled.