IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- What Information do we collect?
- How does Uniqlo use the information collected?
- Your rights on your personal data
- Transaction security and Website misuse
- Mobile (if applicable)
- Shopping bag
- Spoof/false e-mails
- Links to third party websites
- Questions and enquiries related to this policy should be directed to:
We will never sell any information about you to anyone. We are part of a larger company and we may share information with our parent and affiliated companies.
For the purposes of applicable laws relating to privacy and data protection including applicable legislation implementing the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC ("Privacy Laws"), UNIQLO EUROPE LTD ("We") are the data controllers (as defined in the Privacy Laws) of the personal data (as defined in the Privacy Laws) which we collect from you or which you provide to us through the Site. We guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the Privacy Laws to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please email at: email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us. We collect and process the following data:
"Personal Information" comprising:
- Your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password,
- Information which you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Site,
- a record of your correspondence if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address and Top Level Domain), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Site (user Information). This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may also collect the above personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our data capture form. If you would like to change these preferences at any point, please email us at email@example.com alternatively you can also write to us at:
UNIQLO EUROPE - Data Protection
1 Kingsway – 6th floor
HOW DOES UNIQLO USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we do not share your information with any third parties other than for the limited, explicit reasons specified below; neither are we in the business of selling it to others.
The Personal Information are shared on a limited basis from time to time to send postal mail and e-mail, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyse data, provide marketing assistance and provide customer service.
We will only disclose data to:
- Other companies within our Group of companies,
- Business partners,
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf,
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies,
- Successors in title to our business.
We share it on a limited basis with agents we use from time to time to send postal mail and e-mail, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyse data, provide marketing assistance and provide customer service.
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Policy; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personal information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this policy.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA working for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We use your personal information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. In addition, if you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information regarding a new collection, new products, new store locations, or upcoming promotional offers or events.
In the case that Uniqlo, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights.
You agree that:
- The personal information which you provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- You will keep your registration information secure and not disclose it to any third party.
When you create a customer account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Uniqlo by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email sent to you.
YOUR RIGHTS ON YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct or delete any personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following contact details: email@example.com or:
UNIQLO EUROPE LTD
1 Kingsway – 6th floor
London WC2B 6AN
However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail we have sent to you or, alternatively, by visiting our e-mail newsletter subscription page.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this site or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
TRANSACTION SECURITY AND WEBSITE MISUSE
To provide you with the best services and to allow you a secure experience regarding the payment and the delivery of your orders, we will use some of your data in order to prevent and to avoid any misuse of this Site. We have asked Arvato, our service supplier, to test such data on an automated basis.
Concerned data are: data regarding the implementation of the contract (purchased items, personal information, payment method and banking data), data relating to your visits on this Site (information about visited web pages and click paths), together with anonymous data of your terminals used to visit the Site (resolution of your monitor or version of your operating system), and that can be used to recognize your terminals on subsequent visits with a certain degree of probability.
Following such test and depending on the result, we may decide to implement any relevant security measures or, when the transaction security can’t be ensured, we may decide to cancel the order. In case of an incident, such as fraudulent use of the means of payment or fraud with the delivery, the data relating to the order will be stored in a specific file which would allow us to conduct any relevant additional verification for future orders. You will be notified of any test conducted by us, allowing you to express your observations.
According to any applicable regulations, you can access, amend or delete your personal data by contacting: UNIQLO EUROPE LTD - Data Protection, 1 Kingsway – 6th floor London WC2B 6AN – UK. In the case you withdraw your consent you may no longer be able to use the website or to place an order.
MOBILE (IF APPLICABLE)
When you download or use apps provided by Uniqlo or its affiliates and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Uniqlo.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Uniqlo.com on other Web sites.
A Cookie is a small file placed on your computer when you visit a website. We use 'cookies' to keep track of your current shopping session to personalise your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping basket at any time. Cookies also enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches, and recognise you when you return to our site.
You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies, in the following manner:
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie and select the options you desire
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting you desire using the curser
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
However, please note that if you do this it may impair the functionality of this Site.
We may use advanced targeting functions to keep track of your shopping bag through cookies to enhance your shopping experience. We may send you e-mails to keep you informed of the status of your order.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email sent to you.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. If you indicated any preferences when providing us with your data, we will use these to determine what information we provide you with.
- If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you may wish to write to us at UNIQLO EUROPE, 1 Kingsway – 6th floor, London, WC2B 6AN
- From time to time we would like to be able to pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have opted-in to receive such communications, for example when you completed a data capture form.
- By placing an order, or entering a competition or prize draw run by us or on our behalf, or by joining our membership, you have consented to this use of your data in view of operating your account or your orders.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via e-mail. If you receive an e-mail claiming to be from Uniqlo asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Certain links within the Site may be to other unrelated third party companies that offer you the option to share your personal information with them. We will not share your personal information with those third party companies.
We are committed to offering our customers a safe and secure environment. Our servers utilize SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology to help protect your personal information. By using an SSL-compatible browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you can help ensure that your personal information is processed confidentially.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information, in our possession, may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate or required by law, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
Please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘Change name, email or password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
QUESTIONS AND ENQUIRIES RELATED TO THIS POLICY SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
UNIQLO EUROPE - Data Protection
1 Kingsway – 6th floor
© UNIQLO EUROPE LTD. 2016
Registered in England & Wales - Number 4845064
VAT Number - 820605757
Last Updated – April 2016